newbie question

I'm thinking of getting a Mini for my next car. I live in Ohio, we get a few days per year where I need to drive to work through snow. Can anyone tell me how the Mini's do in snow? Also what type of longevity can I expect from a Mini? (e.g., I expect 200K+ miles from my Honda Accord before it's ready for the junkyard.)

thanks, DB

Reply to
Doppelbock

Classic Mini or the :( BMW one ?

Reply to
Martin

"Martin" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@despina.uk.clara.net:

The new mini's that are popular here in the states, sorry! Guess that's the BMW one.

DB

Reply to
Doppelbock

Yes they are great in the snow, just look at the 1965 Monte Carlo rally, over 200 cars started out & only about 30 finished, that year in the alps they had record snow levels & the rally was won by Timo Mackinen in a mini cooper with a 2 hour lead!

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Steve yes your right, The Old, Traditional, Classic Mini Cooper. The best. Not the BMW one :(

Reply to
Martin

no substitute for the genuine article :-)

Steve.

ps anyone seen Fitzy?

Reply to
Steve68s

Hi DB - there's a major difference between any Honda and a genuine Mini. No-one commits the genuine article to the junkyard! You could put the Honda lump into the Mini.....

TC