No spark

Hi,

My daughter, Jessica, bought a purple mini 1000. Customised etc! However, last night it decided to stop working. I have bought a new battery, replaced the rotar arm and distributor cap, but I'm still not getting a spark? Any ideas on trouble shooting would be welcome? Thanks for your help.

Clive

Reply to
clive

points ( if its got them ) , faulty condenser, faulty live feed to the coil, faulty wire from coil to points, faulty elec ignition ( if fitted ) faulty HT lead, the list goes on,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Thanks Steve

Reply to
clive

Check the point gap. should be .015" and if you crank it over you should see the spark across the points - if not then look further into the ign. system.

I still reckon its something to do with the colour if it ain't gettin the spark :)

Reply to
Rob

Hi Rob,

It was the coil that was faulty. I have replaced the battery,coil,rotar arm and distrib cap. My daugter said it runs better than ever now!

I need another weekend,

Cheers,

Clive

Reply to