Power steering whining

We had our Mini delivered monday, a used cooper with 7k miles on the clock. We noticed straight away that the car whined when on, we just thought it was the engine sound. By the second day the steering became rather tough. By the third day, the whining noise did not go off when the engine was turned off, it stayed on forever so we had to have our neighbour disconnect the battery to get it to go off.

Obviously the power steering is screwed....is this a common problem with Minis?

Reply to
mike

If you are talking about the BMW junk then it most likely is a common problem

I believe the steering assist on your fabulous car that I am highly envious of is electronic and thus toasted.

Some and I cannot stress it enough, just some not all, of the knuckle dragging Neanderthals on here take offense to the New Mini so you may be better served if you posted here:

Good luck and enjoy your new steed.

Reply to
OsiTech.Net

my advice is take it straight back to where you got it, 7000 miles = warranty,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

No. Minis don't have power steering. What have you bought?

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

Go to the Gym an pick a routine for upper body and arm strength. Make sure the front tyre's (Tiers) are at the correct pressure and your "Power steering" will work just fine!!!!!

Reply to
Martin