radiator advice

Hi

Our open classic has a weeping radiator. Been having a look for a replacement but there are various types and numbers of cores. Trying to find out what to look for to get same spec replacement.

Thanks

Gary

Reply to
geepeetee

MiniSPares sell a 2 core radiator, and I can certainly recommend this.

I run a modified 1380cc engine with this rad, and it runs cooler than the original 1275cc engine did on the standard rad.

Dave

geepeetee wrote:

Reply to
David Hale

Make sure it's got the electric fan thermostat gubbins fitted at the lower front.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Thats odd because I had alsorts of overheating problems until I found my old 3core brass topped radiator, got it soldered up and stuck it back in.

Since then its run much cooler. Do you have an electric fan? as Im still on the old manual one.

cheers

-anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Yeah Mine is a 1993 car (late carb). It still has the mechanical fan but also an auxiliary electric fan that only really comes on in extreme conditions. If you have the wing mounted electric fan and you want to upgrade to a 2 core radiator, remember to get the one with the thermostat switch fitted.

Dave

Reply to
David Hale

Ah mines 1981 do none of that fancy electric stuff to be found. The main reason for my overheating (now I think about it) was the spotlights fitted to the front, with the centre 2 missing it ran a lot cooler. 2 core rad is fine with all the spots!

-anthony

Anthony