Rename of his newsgroup

can we not rename this group to alt.autos.classic-mini? or just create a new one and use it instead?

RS

Reply to
ADD

can we not rename this group to alt.autos.classic-mini? or just create a new one and use it instead?

RS

Why? Just because there's a copy on the streets?

If posters cant tell or find the difference between alt.autos.mini & alt.autos.new-mini then it says more about THEIR intelligence.

People here will no doubt put them right!

Chris

Reply to
Chris

can we not rename this group to alt.autos.classic-mini? or just create a new one and use it instead?

RS

Why? Just because there's a copy on the streets?

If posters cant tell or find the difference between alt.autos.mini & alt.autos.new-mini then it says more about THEIR intelligence.

People here will no doubt put them right!

Chris

I agree with you Chris,

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

can we not rename this group to alt.autos.classic-mini? or just create a new one and use it instead?

RS

Reply to
Fitzy

Good idea, I like it.

can we not rename this group to alt.autos.classic-mini? or just create a new one and use it instead?

RS

Reply to
Tatiele

I have a classic Mini and have had a great deal of good advice from this NG. I have also been very pissed off by the antics of a few.

As I see it, people accidentally stumble into this NG with genuine Qs about their MINI, and they are immediately berated by one or two of the Mini enthusiasts. This then winds up the other lot who use foul and abusive language to defend their freedom to post wherever they like. They even gloat that they do it just because they can.

To be fair, some offer suggestions on how to fix their MINI problems and then politely point them to the MINI NG, but in some cases they are dispatched with a degree of rudery.

Having a NG name change would be about clearly identifying that the NG is for the proper Mini, not for the BMW MINI.

I didn't suggest this before as I thought that it would be technically difficult - people having alt.autos.mini in their favourites etc, and there would be those who didn't want to 'give in' to the bully boys, and the views of those who said "Oi! No! We were 'ere first! Sod Off BINI owners!"

Now it has been suggested then maybe its worth a debate.

Can I suggest that we keep it clean, to the point, and refrain from the foul language which does nothing to improve the level of debate.

My final thought would be that this NG should not be for both. Its just how we get there that should exercise our minds.

Right.

I'm off into the garage now. Lots to do.

Peter

Reply to
Pedro

Yawwnnnn.

I defend the right of BINI owners to post by foul language = YES.

Pucker up.

Reply to
Tatiele

No point. The wankers will still keep trolling here.

Any civilised person with half a brain reads a newsgroup for a while before posting in it. Anyone who does so here will recognise that this newsgroup is about Minis and not about the BMW thing.

Those who continue to post here about the BMW thing are doing so deliberately to cause trouble. It's how the sad buggers entertain themselves.

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

I say keep it like it is, otherwise the next thing will be to get a bonnet and boot badge with 'Classic' or 'Real' written on it !

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Tatiele

Thats the way it works. If you have a mini, new or old, this is still a news group for all.

Reply to
Madmax

I agree to a certain point, but don't blame me when they get given the wrong advice :-)

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Basic common sense tells you its for classic minis, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

I think the type of person who is abusing this news group would abuse any news group just to be a pain. I bet they would claim that their BINI is a classic! (That's if they actually own one).

Reply to
TurboJo

So perhaps we should accept posts from Ford owners, Mercedes owners, Skoda owners, and all the Jap makes too, just to satisfy the idiots who think it is OK to post any old rubbish here.

**

Don't worry Steve you have no chance in hell of that, I will be here to let them know if it's a wrong advice or not and I usually send them on to

Tatiele

Nope. Stop being melodramatic already and stick to the points at hand.

Just posts on old and new Minis.

Reply to
Tatiele

Nope, basic common sense says it's name is alt.minis and not alt.classic.minis

Reply to
Tatiele

Nope, I own a Moke. I will own a BINI soon enough.

Any idiot like you with no valid point to add is obviously the type of clueless dolt you speak of.

Reply to
Tatiele

If in your eyes this NG is for both classic and BMshite, then why has a new-mini NG been created?

Reply to
RS