Rename of his newsgroup

Reply to
Mian

You have brought up a valid point.

Personally I don't really give a crap who post where or what. It's not as if I get paid for this.

I just hate when well meaning folks with BINIs end up here by mistake and they are berated for having a German this, plastic that, etc

If you notice I leave technical threads alone and let the experts go on about that. However any thread that tries to disfavor BINIS get my oars out of the water.

Reply to
Tatiele

They are all real Minis.

Why stop there, why not say alt.norevins-or-1967MPI

Reply to
Tatiele

Wrong, but what can one expect from a top-poster. This isn't even a forum, it is a newsgroup. A newsgroup created for discussion of the Mini, not the phoney BMW thing driven by fashion victims with more money than sense. If they choose to try and discuss their pose-mobiles in here they must expect to be told the truth about their inadequacies and failings. Alterntively, they could go and discuss the things in the newsgroup that was created for them. Unfortunately, a tiny handful of them seem to enjoy causing trouble. Low self-esteem, probably.

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

And the top-posting twerp gets it wrong again. The BMW thing is not a Mini. The BMW thing is a different car made by a different company and has no connection to the Mini other than branding. Anybody who does not recognise that is, I'm afraid, not very bright. They would be the suckers at whom the BMW marketers aimed their badly-packaged, over-priced, conventional Euro hatch with its naff retro styling features.

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

That would be analogous to that old urban myth where American farmers had to paint "COW" on the side of all their cattle so that they wouldn't be shot by deer hunters who were too thick to tell the difference...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

"the Mini, not the phoney BMW thing driven by fashion victims with more money than sense"

Moron, it's talk like these that makes me a resident evil on this group. Top posting and all - lol.

How do you like those apples?

Reply to
Tatiele

It's still a Mini and it's welcomed on here and will always be here.

Tough for you I know - lol.

Reply to
Tatiele

The BMW thing is not a Mini.

Wrong.....BMW now owns the name "Mini". Whether you like the car or not, it is the "only" current Mini being manufactured. That makes this the correct news group. As the name states alt.autos.mini....

Reply to
Madmax

read the group charter & take your mate tatiele ( aka bad apple & bossy tech ) with you, just because a dog gets born in a stable don't make it a horse :-)

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

What charter? Lets see it. Ya gotta realize this is a public, alt.newsgroup. Free for all on the internet. So, if your gonna have a general name, like alt.mini its gonna attract all mini owners. You also really shouldn't compair my BMW mini to a dog and my classic(which isn't running) to a horse.

Mark

Reply to
Madmax

""THE CHARTER of the NEWSGROUP

The newsgroup is reserved for those who love, drive, admire, repair, rebuild, customize and compete in Austin, Morris, BMC, BMH, Rover and Innocenti Minis, Mini Coopers, Mini Cooper S's, Mokes, Riley Elfs, Wolseley Hornets, and variants and Mini-based kit cars and specials.

The newsgroup for non-Mini microcars is . Both of these newsgroups and were created by Rocky Frisco as a service to the worldwide motoring community.

A reasonable amount of mild profanity is allowed but not encouraged. No

flames or personal attacks will be countenanced. Such will be vigorously reported to the originating ISP.

Many newsgroups are becoming cesspools of disrespect, flamewars and catfights. Those who support and utilize this newsgroup request that all such matters be dealt with in private email rather than clog up the group with offtopic messages and unpleasantness.

While handles are allowed, it is strongly suggested that those who would like to take part in the newsgroup use a valid email address rather than an alias or forged address, since accountability tends to support responsibility and polite conversation, while anonymity does not. The use of a spambotproof address is fine as long as the others in the group can easily figure out the real address.

The use of anonymous remailers to disguise a message's true source will not be condoned in the newsgroup.

Advertising is allowed as long as it is directly Mini-related, whether it originates with an individual with spares for sale or a large corporation with Mini-related products or services. Spamming the newsgroup with multiple ads or even daily repeating identical ads is not allowed, nor are ads that are addressed to multiple newsgroups.

Questions can be directed to: snipped-for-privacy@rocky-frisco.com

Happy Mini-ing!!! ""

Reply to
mwalsh

Well there you have it, Mini Cooper and Mini Cooper S, are included in the charter.

Happy Mini-ing to you too! Mark

Reply to
Madmax

not another BMW wanker!!

Reply to
**

Nope, only included in the context of Austin, Morris, BMC, BMH, Rover and Innocenti. Not B.M.W. Though it might make one wonder if Authi owners would be similarly left out in the cold.

Reply to
mwalsh

Sorry, read it again, it includes Mini Cooper S. Thats the BMW supercharged version.

Reply to
BigRed

Errm, no, it's not.

Reply to
mwalsh

A good suggestion but a fruitless one in any case.

Reply to
Tatiele

" is reserved for those who love, drive, admire, repair, rebuild, customize and compete in Austin, Morris, BMC, BMH, Rover and Innocenti Minis, Mini Coopers, Mini Cooper S's, Mokes, Riley Elfs, Wolseley Hornets, and variants and Mini-based kit cars and specials"

Okay this is a good start, we asked for the charter and it was provided.

Now let's dissect it.

"Mini Coopers, Mini Cooper S's"

As I suspected it does not preclude BMW Mini. I assuem also that when the forum was organized there was lack of foresight in what may happen in the future.

So what needs to happen IMO along with the proposed name change is that the charter be ammended to specifically exclude BMW products.

As a good will gesture I will waive any further comments on this subject but instead focus on rantings about me Moke which appears to be specifically welcomed (so please be a darling and stop wishfully hoping that I disappear, not going to happen).

Reply to
Tatiele

Yes, as long as they were built by Austin, Morris, BMC, BMH, Rover or Innocenti. Don't see anything there about BMW. Unless you have serious probless with comprehension it is quite clear that the only Minis catered for by this newsgroup are the Issigonis original and its derivates.

End of story.