Resonance

I am suffering resonance from the exhaust (2" twin box centre exit) can anyone suggest a fix?

Reply to
GO

Presume you have mounted it using rubber bushes?

Reply to
Barspeed and his magical Mini

How far back does the tip finish? If the end of the exhaust isn't past the rear valance then the noise out the end can make the boot floor resonate

Reply to
John in Oz

Exhaust is mounted on the usual bobbin type rubber bushes & the tip extends to a point level with the bumper.

Reply to
GO

~ Drive faster!

does the resonance change with speed? - if it doesnt then it isnt resonating - its just loud.

Reply to
RS

Reasonable up to 50mph...resonance between 50mph & 75mph reasonable then up to 100mph+

Reply to
GO

I would suggest that you get a longer oval muffler and have it come out at 45 deg like the original to accommodate the extra length.

I also find that when you do have the exhaust coming straight through the centre it scrapes.

Reply to
Rob

but the speed on a motorway is only 70mph

Reply to
jacko

what type of syesem is it? its not a mini sport sureflow is is?

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

since when ;-) Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Hi Steve are you interested in the lakes tour this year, myself , Ian and Steve are doing it again , what about you, Peter

Reply to
Fitzy

when is it?

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

No idea what manufacturer....may have time to put something different together at the weekend.....I've got a couple of middle boxes from a Mk2 Golf GTi that look as though they may be useful....

Reply to
GO

I though there was a tolerance of 10% +2? No motorways around here anyway! :-)

Reply to
GO