Rover Mini Cooper S For Sale

For Sale:

Rover Mini Cooper with Sportspack

1997 'P' 59k Miles (i think) Almond Green, White Roof / Stripes Matching leather interior Drivers airbag Alloy wheels Taxed

Now here's the problem: No MOT

Interior is very clean and from the outside the body looks fine.

The garage say it needs major welding underneath, and some other work. I can find out exactly what if anyone is interested, viewing could also be arranged.

Starting price =A32500 though open to offers..

Would make a good repair project for any enthusiast with the time/money.

Email me if interested: stewart.jackson AT cpbbflex.co.uk

-- Stu

Reply to
Stu

Rover Mini Cooper with Sportspack

1997 'P' 59k Miles (i think) Almond Green, White Roof / Stripes Matching leather interior Drivers airbag Alloy wheels Taxed

Now here's the problem: No MOT

Interior is very clean and from the outside the body looks fine.

The garage say it needs major welding underneath, and some other work. I can find out exactly what if anyone is interested, viewing could also be arranged.

Starting price £2500 though open to offers..

Would make a good repair project for any enthusiast with the time/money.

Email me if interested: stewart.jackson AT cpbbflex.co.uk

-- Stu

What £2500 when it has no MOT and it needs major welding work which also means it no doubt needs a new rear subframe too! I think someone's having a laugh?

Why don't they get it fixed, get it MOT'd and then ask £2500?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Ok, I was expecting some sort of reply like that. :)

So suggest a price, out of interest what would you pay for a car that needs major welding?

Reply to
Stu

major welding, I won't upset anyone, but it the under side needs major welding rust will be present else where, ;-)

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

If it needs major welding it isn't worth a lot. It probably needs a new shell. 2000 + paint plus putting back together + whatever falls to pieces when you do it.

The Muffin Man

Reply to
The Muffin Man

You are selling the car 'as seen' for spares or repair - that's hundreds, not thousands. Probably two to three. If you get five or six you are lucky.

Reply to
David Betts
£200 - 300
Reply to
TurboJo

Get a grip people. If its a standard cooper that year with a healthy enough engine then it's worth even a grand as spares. Been breaking mini's long enough to know that!

Take a look at this:

At the time of posting it was upto £215 with a couple of days to go. Its a catD write off which means it could easily be repaired and wont say on the logbook it's accident damaged, unlike a catC.

Even a copy set of sportspack wheel and tyres was £575 new last time I bothered to look. How much are leather interiors going for nowadays? I do believe that genuine doors are £200 a pop new so his second hand ones would be £75 each, especially to someone with an almond green car.wood dash and clocks are worth a fair bit as they'll be the late rover set - maybe with cream dials and probably with the cutout for the stereo. Disc brake setup is worth £50 at least

Piffle - love to see you try to get the parts this car has for £2-300. You'd be lucky to get an un-rusty bare shell of a clubman estate for that.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

You have a point, will probabaly get more breaking it, although its probabaly worth getting a 2nd mini expert to check the amount of welding, you know what garages are like,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Yes, if somebody is prepared to break it. This guy is trying to sell it as an MoT failure for spares or repair. Of course he would get more if he broke it himself.

Reply to
David Betts

Note I said "it's worth a grand even as spares". It is worth more than that as it is, in my opinion.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Thanks for all your replies, we are going to get a second opinion on the MOT/welding cost and will probably end up getting the work done.

It should be up for sale soon after, so I'll post again when its ready.. :)

-- Stu

Reply to
Stu