Speedo Drive gears

Does anyone know the correct gearbox speedo drive gears for a Mini with 10" wheels and a 2.95 Final Drive? It was standard fitment on a lot of early 80s Minis. The City E in particular.

The reason I ask is that i've just fitted a Metro gearbox with a 2.95 final drive and despite having the correct speedo for a Mini with 10" wheels and a

2.95 it under reads by quite a bit.

Thanks

-- Clive

ICQ 36890776

Clive W

inside the speedo is a sticker with something like 1234 this is the number of wheel turns per mile

Reply to
jacko

I've found that bit. 1280 or 1248. I've got two different speedo units to try. The problem i'm having is working out the correct drive gears to go inside the gearbox. Using information from the IME

i've worked out which gears should drive the speedo at the correct speed.

Reply to
Clive W