Standard or RSP Alloy Wheels

Hi All,

I have original RSP Roverlite alloy wheels on my mini, currently fitted with

145-70-r12 tyres. These are terrible tyres and are due for replacement. I heard years ago that you can fit 155 or 165 tyres to them but I forget the full details now.

Can anyone suggest what to put on the wheels? experiences, should I be aware of any problems using other sized tyres? And what about the wall height, do I stick with a wall of 70% on a 165 or should I drop it down to 60?

Thanks in advance again

Reply to
DJ

If you want to keep your 12's then I'd suggest going over to 165/70 R12 sized tyres.

The Yoko A539 are an excellent tyre

but do wear quickly if you have a lead foot. Dry grip is awsome wet not really so special. These tyre's are on run-out I believe and once they're out of stock - no more!!! My 1st choice.

The Falkens are a very good all round tyre and can cope with trackdays no probs but not as grippy as yoko. Best for an everyday car as they last quite well.

Both these tyres will fit the std rover alloys or steels no problem.

Chris

Reply to
<$>

evening DJ, For new tyres you should go for 165/60/12 for your rims.

124 70s are too thin and balloon like. these will sort you out good and proper. expect to pay £30 per tyre for Falken. i had these on my mayfair and they were good, - not the best mind, but great for the price. Remember to budget for fitting cost and balancing. Some people dont bother balancing rear wheels as there is no real need - until you start swapping front to back for tyre wear. i have all my wheels balanced for this reason.

HTH RS

Reply to
RS

DJ - $ is a little confusing - he says go for 165/70 but then links to

165/60s, i rekon he does mean go for 165 60s.

The Yokos $ suggests are brilliant, but as you can see they are pricey. You can get the Falkens a little cheaper from huddersfield mini spares

i dont know about postage etc. RS

Reply to
RS