trolls and time?

hi.. although a stalwart of the UK mini scene for many years, i am new to this group... a few things strike me as odd here...

i have not, nor i believe ever will join in a conversational group alt.beetle or anything else like it (i.e. alt.rsowners etc.) so i fail to see what interest this group holds for an owner of the new shaped BMW derivative mini.. of course i welcome a civil logical answer.

the genuine Article cannot be substituted as it is no longer in production, partly due to the fact that it would no longer pass current strict emissions and crash tests. does this make the car any less revered, i think not (again just my opinion).

the suggestion that BMW improved and moderized the original mini is simply an impossibility due to the fact that not one single nut, bolt or part of any description from the original mini was used during the design or construction of the new car. this fact alone, not excluding any others, means that BMW neither improved nor modernised the old mini, they simply built a new style car and badged it as a mini( co-incedentally, here in britain, that is called badge engineering!).

so to sum up, new minis are s**te and any non old mini people would probably have no interest in this group (or at least shouldn't if they have any shred of a life of their own)

just my opinions of course

Reply to
Martyn Walker

Shared with most who post here, I'm sure.

erik.

Reply to
erik fishead

"Martyn Walker" wrote

I take it you used to own that black vtec clubman???

I had a drive of it the other week.. VERY interesting :)

Mick

Reply to
Mick Rouse

yup. that's me