Whare's the story?

Did I have my chance? Did I waste my opportunity? Was I so ignorant?

And what, o who, am I now?

I had a mini. 1981 clubman estate (4 cyl, 1.0l) I was young and... The mini wasn't only mine. The other owner, than, bought another car. I was too young to understand what I was given to m hands... Second problem to the car and I gave up. I looken for a new car. A little, tiny, new car.

3 cyl, 0.8l and... Korean. Ok... After a couple of year... I saw the light. I think that the street in front my house lack of something. A guess: a mini.

And I think it's right.

As you know, in Italy it's a mess with all the taxes, insurance, this and that. But there is sort of backdoor: pre 86.

20 years old. 130 euros per year in taxes and insurance. It's good enough.

And then: I need a mini. But not something too much particular.

A mini... So I can work with it, having fun and also something to do in my free time, that isn't much at the moment, but I don't care, I'm going to find my time, is she need me.

I tell you what: not to particular also because I would like to avoid all the problems linked with the original style of the mini, or the heritage system of facts. Work on it, plat with it and give her the beautyness she need and deserve, ya know.

Round nose, eye angel, short cut... 10" alloy... Matter of time!

The first thing is: where find a mini?

Reply to
doc

The second thing is what country are you in?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

There is a clue...

"As you know, in Italy..."

Reply to
ady

Well look out for an Innocenti Mini or Mini Cooper in good condition in that case! If you can't get hold of one then buy an imported model instead.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Oh and I forgot to say, I'm sure that this club will be able to help you out:-

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Mini Innocenti, 1975, engine ok, mech ok, no visible rust. Little works on the body.

3000?.

I tell you what: it's too much. Too much because it is an Innocenti and I don't whant something so peuculiar. I would like a car I can work on it without the hassle of what I'm doing. I don't what to think "I could buy this carb here... But the originals Innocentis used the other type. Why I have to install that isn't original, or typical, on my Innocenti?"

Nonono.

"Taffy" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
doc

In you're underware.

Reply to
Taffy

I recon innos are great, the innocenti mini cooper has the most robust engine off all the minis, many of its internals where Italian made which where usually better than the British made parts, while the original S was discontinued in Britain in the early 70s innocenti still made a twin carbed

1275cc 10" wheeled mini right up to 1976, the last mini cooper fitted with 10" wheels from the factory was an innocenti mini cooper in January 1976, the body trims where better on them, they had nice little opening quarter lights, with wind up windows, a better dash board, a 8 gallon fuel tank, the first mini to be fitted with rear seat belts, side indicators & an internal bonnet pull, they are probably the most sought after mini after a MK1 cooper S,

Steve.

*xElkQsYoiT*GLOeW8yNzxj6lOcrpG1*NbS2efxtAN9gLMG7C5TUnNsWk4IEdBsx0mChP1P7!1AcL415h70uQQA53d4LxXOV*/car.jpg?dc=4675526087267441552

Steve68s

Awesome looking Mini Innocenti!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Its a great car Taff, I have some great shots of this car myself, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy