Winter storage

I recently upgraded from being a full-time pedestrian, to the proud owner of a (canadian-spec) 1974 mini 1000. In this neck of the woods (northern Michigan), it was a tough search, but I now own what's literally a collector's piece; this beauty has absolutely zero rust, and only 70k on the ticker. The previous owner used it almost exclusively as a show-piece.

Which leads me to my question. I really don't want road salt to eat my baby alive, so I've decided I'm going to remain pedestrian throughout winter. I've google'd around and found fairly generic guidance, but I'm wondering if there's anything mini-specific I should know? What nooks and crannies should I block against rodent invasion? Does the mini take well to being propped on stands? I've found entirely different answers for that last one ...

Thanks, Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

If your going to prop it up on stands, make sure you use the subframes and not the floors. It helps to leave the handbrake off and some say to fill the tank with petrol to stop it rusting inside.

Taffy

show-piece.

Reply to
Taffy

Those two are musts IMO. Also, put some Stabil in the gas tank. It helps to leave the handbrake off and some say to fill

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Send it to me in Southern California -lol.

I truly do have sympathy for you out if staters but then your real estate money goes far though.

Reply to
Bad Apple