'02 Galant GTZ Air Conditioner overflow

How do I unclog the AC overflow??? I guess that's what it is. It seems like when I make a turn, I have water rushing into the passenger side floor and it sounds like its 50 gallons worth!! It really makes some water noise. I need to empty it out but I do not know where the hose or valve is. Current Ride: 2002 GSXR1000 Red/Black/Silver/White Location: Northern New Jersey Commute to NYC everyday Previous Rides: 1988 Honda Rebel 450 (Sold) 1991 Suzuki Katana 750 (Sold) 1994 Honda CBR 900RR (Stolen) 1998 Suzuki Katana 750 (Sold) 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (Stolen)

Reply to
remove NOSPAM to reply

I also have this same problem. I found a post on this same group with some additional information, but not a how-to on fixing it.

galwyn

The usual problem is there's a build up of dirt and other krud in the air channel in front of the windscreen that's blocking the drain hole, so water builds up. Fix it by ...

  1. Remove the wiper arms
  2. Remove the screws / clips holding the air channel cover intake grill.
  3. Remove the grill
  4. Empty out or suck out the water sloshing around in the channel. At the lowest point, there's a hole that drains through a rubber hose or other channel, down to the road.
  5. Straighten a coat hanger and CAREFULLY poke down the hole. The bottom of the hose is usually moulded as a pinch closure, and after a while the rubber sticks together.

  1. Dry out the channel area and make sure there's no rust developing. If there is, treat it now.

  2. Put it all back together.
Reply to
Stewart DIBBS