'02 galant, why so cheap???

Why are the galants so cheap compared to other jap cars? whats the reliability on it? Im planning of getting one and i was originally looking at the jetta but a lot of owners are saying its unreliable and i knew i should go for jap cars. but the galant is the only one attractive to me.

tell me more about galants and parts.. also id like to buy a roofrack for bikes, is it available for it?

Reply to
jwacom201

Yes. I found atleast one company -- Yakima has racks that fit the Galants. The cost is quite a bit...some $200+ for the basic set up plus racks for each type of equipment you want to put on, such as bikes, skis, etc.

Atleast for the 2000 Galant the roof rack can only take about 100-150 pounds max weight since the rack itself weighs quite a bit.

I decided against installing one because it would have gone over the sun/moon roof which I didn't like. The other downsides are having to raise the bike up and over the car (with the possibility of dropping it and damaging the car, or worse hurting yourself), and also the consideration of making sure to be careful when entering low overhead areas such as carports...one mistake could be costly!

For my bike I ended up getting a removable rear-mounted rack (3-bike) which is good since I put it only when I need it (needs a few minutes to attach/detach each time, with the first few times being quite a frustrating affair!).

If I was a more frequent biker, I would probably get the kind that is attached to the rear-underside of the car permanently (like a hitch) and then the vertical rack that goes in that attachment can be removed as and when needed.

Himanshu

Reply to
Himanshu Gohel

I think i will go with the rear ones coz its safer. thanks for the info!

Reply to
jwacom201