04 Galant Fog Lights

Group -

I am wanting to install a set of OEM fog lights in my 04 Galant LS. The dealer wants $175 for parts and $75 for labor (2 hour minimum). Does anyone know if the car is pre-wired or will I need to run all new wires and tap into the high beam relay?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Steve M. in CA.

Reply to
Steve M. in CA.

i found a site mitsubishipartsstore.com has the foglights for like 130 the wires i found are in the car already the kit come with two lights a relay and the swith i had no promblem with the lights i just cant find the wire under the dash for the swith took me a half hour to put the lights in the bumper

Reply to
galant04

sounds easy enough. thanks for the lead.

Reply to
Steve M. in CA.

Found the same thing on my Eclipse. Wires under the hood but not under the dash. Friends at Honda suggested that Mitsu does what Honda does, and doesn't install the under dash wiring unless it's needed at time of manufacture. The other question I have, and I'd be interested in your results, is, does your kit wiring go into the ETAC module, then is the control signal sent to the engine compartment module via the internal control network, or is it directly hard wired to the relay panel in the engine compartment.

My service manual shows the fog light switch connected directly to the ETAC module. It also shows the fog light relay controlled by the "front ECU".

So the question is, can you just buy the harness, plug it in and you now have fog lights, or does the ECU need to be reprogrammed. My Mitsu dealer let me look through his option book for my car, fog lights was not an option, although the next model up came equipped with them.

So to that end, I designed a small circuit to toggle a relay (push once the relay operates, push again the relay releases). This allows me to use the Mitsu fog light switch (momentary push button), and the Mitsu fog lights, but not have to go through the computer system in the car. Haven't built it yet, to busy with everything else in life. Maybe a good winter project. Although I would prefer factory original wiring.

Reply to
Nirodac Yar