1990 Eclipse questions

My car is actually a 1990 Jeep Eagle Talon, but like the Chrysler Lasers of that year, it it is really a Mitsubishi Eclipse marketed under a different name by a different company. On the increasingly frequent occasions I've had to have major work done on it, I've sometimes taken it to the local Mitsubishi dealer

Anyway, it is turbocharged 5-speed manual with All Wheel Drive. About the only option available at the time it doesn't have is a sunroof. It has about 138,000 miles on it but still likes to be wound out.

Questions: What would it sell for, given that it needs a paint job, a new fuel/air valve, and has a worn interior? I'm just curious if anyone can look up the KBB prices for a car that I think most people would say is in poor-to-moderate condition?

If I have to have work done on it instead of selling it, is it the sort of car one can easily find reasonably good parts for from wrecked cars at junkyards? Is it wise to do so on this car?

How hard is it to patch up cracked vinyl and tuck in a new ceiling cover? That, plus new floor mats and a though cleaning would make the interior look years younger.

Best regards, Mark Gibson

Reply to
Mark Gibson

kelly blue book is $1375. its worth it fix it up cuz the 4g63 engine is a powerful engine. i myself have one but not a turbo. ull never get what there worth tryin to sell it. i would drop some money into it if u got it and ull be more than happy with ur results.

Reply to
drama82

buying or selling dsm cars and parts is what this site is about.

Reply to
simpleton

She has a brand new turbo, an engine and tranny half the mileage of the car, reasonably new tires, and is mechanically quite sound. I'd like to keep her...and now I think I will. Appearances matter little to me -- performance counts!

Regards, Mark

Reply to
Mark Gibson

She f*cking flew by a semi earlier today, without a problem. I tend to concur...she's a keeper.

Reply to
Mark Gibson

I say keep it. I usually find them around here for 800.00 I mainly buy them for the motors & tranny's, then scrap the rest of car or sell parts out. We do many Motor swaps for the 2nd Gen cars. The can is worth a good few pennies selling the pieces. You'll get more than selling car as a whole.

UrHookUp.com, Inc,

UrHookUp.com, Inc. "Come Get Hooked Up!"

UrHookUp