1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse Headlight Assy Repair

The ball joint on the end of the lever that moves the driver side = headlight assy up and down popped loose (with 'help' from myself). = Looks like it's not broken and will likely pop back in. Problem is I = can't figure out how to get enough room to get a tool or hand down in = that small space. =20

I'm trying to get away without having to remove the power steering = reservoir, AC tubing, etc. and avoid doing more damage. I tried = removing everything on the headlight assy that was screwed down, but = still can't get to it. =20

Anyone ever done this before and know the E-Z way?

Bob

Reply to
Guv Bob

My bro acturally got mine working! Not sure how he did it, so I will ask him and get back to you!

Have a 1990 Eagle Talon, red with a sunroof. Not AWD!

Been driving her since I bought her brand new!

Give me a few days to drag the answer out of my brother who is in the autobody business!

Cheers!

Philo

assy up and down popped loose (with 'help' from myself). Looks like it's not broken and will likely pop back in. Problem is I can't figure out how to get enough room to get a tool or hand down in that small space.

AC tubing, etc. and avoid doing more damage. I tried removing everything on the headlight assy that was screwed down, but still can't get to it.

Reply to
Philo

Thanks, Philo. I was able to bend a metal bar and get in there. Pushed = it a couple of times and it popped right back on. Should have posted = this sooner.

[...]

Ok great news! Best thing my bro did other than the new paint job was getting the hideaway headlites working again........

Cheers!

Philo

assy up and down popped loose (with 'help' from myself). Looks like it's not broken and will likely pop back in. Problem is I can't figure out how to get enough room to get a tool or hand down in that small space.

AC tubing, etc. and avoid doing more damage. I tried removing everything on the headlight assy that was screwed down, but still can't get to it.

Reply to
Philo

New paint job is next on the list! Original lasted until 2008. Earl = Sheib job lasted less than 2 years. Still under Sheib's warranty, I = drove it up to Sheib's on July 17, 2010 -- one day after they closed = all their shops.

headlight assy up and down popped loose (with 'help' from myself). = Looks like it's not broken and will likely pop back in. Problem is I = can't figure out how to get enough room to get a tool or hand down in = that small space. =20

reservoir, AC tubing, etc. and avoid doing more damage. I tried = removing everything on the headlight assy that was screwed down, but = still can't get to it. =20

Reply to
GuvBob

Philo, is there another mitsubishi forum that's more active than this = one?