1990 Montero LS

My 1990 Montero LS seems to be running very hot. The temperature gage shows that it is normal, but when you get out it smells very hot...Like it is running low on antifreeze. The radiator is full so I am not sure what it is. I have only owned this Montero for a month and I bought it because it had low miles 84k. I was wondering would a bad thermostat or water pump be the problem? Thanks for any help...

Cooper

Reply to
rr

What do you mean by "smells hot"? Do you smell coolant? Do you see coolant on the ground? Your engine is an SUV engine. It is very unlikely you have enough HP to even produce heat...

-- "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Reply to
Robert Honea

What do you mean "smells very hot"? Do you smell burning oil, antifreeze, something else?

With the low miles, has it been driven or allowed to sit for long periods?

You may also wish to checkout the Mitsubishi forum on

Here's the direct link

mark gramlich