1991 eclipse 1.8 l M/T

I have a 1991 eclipse how do I know which bolt motor I have. I'm looking for a new engine and some sites are confusing me if anyone know please help me out. And also would a 2.0L engine fit in my engine compatment and what would i need to do that. Thanks for all your help Eric

Reply to
tuckerwear

If you have a SOHC engine, its the 1.8L 4G37. If its DOHC, its the 2.0L

4G63, if its a DOHC turbo, its a 2.0L 4G63T.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

I'm sure that an engine swap would be somewhat involved. If you were to find a junked 1991 (or near year vehicle) with a 2.0L motor in it, the swap would be much easier. The engine mounts, computer, wiring harnesses may be different between the two motors. I'd suggest looking up parts like that on different parts sites like napaonline.com, partsamerica.com, or genuineoem.com to see if they really are different. If they're not, a swap to a faster motor may actually work out.

Reply to
FastNBody2002