1991 magna check engine light

hey guys I recently bought a 1991 magna executive and had a problem with the transmission. i replaced the transmission computer because it was stuffed and that seemed to fix the problem. However i am still having problems. after i have been driving for a little while, say around 8 or

10 kms the check engine light appears and when i am going up through the gears it seems to slip out of gear and rev hard. i take my foot off the accelerator and push it again gently and then it goes into gear. this problem only occurs when i am driving in the city and am regularly going up and down through the gears, stopping and starting. it doesnt happen if i am on the highway because the car is constantly in the one gear.

Please help!!

Luke

Reply to
lrhum