1993 Galant water pump replacement

My 93 Galant has the 2.0 SOHC engine. Does anyone know of an online site that has a "How To" page showing instructions (and hopefully pics) on changing out the water pump on this engine? The water pump is not driven by the timing belt so must the timing belt be removed to get to the pump? I really appreciate any help you can offer.

Reply to
BBTACO

I believe the water pump is driven off a belt directly from the camshaft, no real removing of parts are necessary. Undo the bolts around the pump and try to twist it slowly in both directions. I teisted clockwise and anticlockwise till it moved. Then keep twisting till it comes out. Do not hit with a rubber hammer or such as this could crack the section that is inside the pump housing. Once out you can either repair the shaft or fully replace. Then replace all parts in reverse order. If y aneed any other info, just email ok

Good luck

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Not correct. The Galant has the 4G63 which has a waterpump driven by the an external belt. You have to take the cam timing belt off to replace it. For a

93, the balance belt and any tensioner bearings should be replaced as well. Any decent garage should be able to do the whole job in 3-4 hours maximum.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Yes...goto