1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse Automatic Transmission Problem

Driving home tonight my car wouldn't shift, It would just stay in second gear. I checked the transmission fluid and it looks good and the car was driving great when I went home for lunch. The car drives fine except for the transmission not shifitng, the car is a 1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS w/automatic transmission 105,276 miles all maintence is up to date, I had it in for a tune up about two months ago.

Reply to
FLH

i had a 1990 GST got it new in 1990, the transmission died in 1999 with 120K but it went from first to 3rd and that was it.

they told me to repace the transmission and i did.

Reply to
AirborneDSM

Drop the trans pan, drain the old fluid, put in a brand new filter, clean the pan very thoroughly, and replace with only the recommended Mitsubishi fluid. If you are really lucky this will fix your problem. If not, then it could be a sensor, but you will need to pay to have the trans computer scanned. If you are really unlucky, the trans will need rebuilding. Transmissions are temperamental and should have the fluid and filter changed about every 30K miles.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman