1994 Eagle Talon Ignition Problem

Hi All.

We have a 1994 Eagle talon that died yesterday. We drove it to a restaurant and it was running fine. When we came out of the restaurant it wouldn't start.

Symptoms:

Won't turn over - when moving the key to start position absolutely nothing happens Ignition lights don't light when turning on ignition (oil, heat, etc) Headlights will raise, but won't illuminate Brake lights don't work even with ignition on

Heater motor works, interior lights work.

We tried: New computer New battery Jump start All new fuses (that we know of)

Any suggestions? It seems like the headlights, brakelights, and ignition lights all point to an ignition problem of some sort, but I'm stumped.

TIA for any suggestions.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

One note: The ECM that we tried was from a junkyard - so it's possible that it was bad too..I see a lot of posted about fried ECM's on this model..

Bill wrote:

Reply to
Bill

Do you hear anything at all when you turn the ignition key to start? A click perhaps, then nothing? If so, then based on what you listed as tried, I'd suspect the starter solenoid. Sometimes you can confirm it's the solenoid by tapping lightly on the starter with a hammer while someone is turning the ignition key. (Be careful when doing this since the engine may turn and start since the slight vibration is enough to engage the solenoid contacts.)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Perhaps it could be linked to the ignition switch or its connector.

Reply to
Buffalo

Try asking on DSMTALK and DSMTUNERS for all things eclipse/talon/laser '90-99.

Reply to
thegregathome