1995 expo lrv sport

i'm looking at a 95 expo lrv sport, can anyone tell me what i should look out for? any big problems? i think its all wheel drive.

Reply to
itsa93sl1

Same as the Eagle Summit Wagon. If its an automatic (FWD or AWD), get it checked by an expert as a condition of sale. Getting a mitsu auto trans fixed is very expensive. I've seen numerous otherwise good looking units at wreckers.

If a manual, make sure that a) 1-2 synchros are ok b) 4-5 change is OK without crunching or double declutching. Simple to fix in the car, but irritating. c) bushes on the trans end of the shift cables get loose. d) AWD transfer case is not leaking and/or noisy.

Auto or manual AWD, check the prop shaft U joints and the center Lobro CV for wear.

Other things to look for...

- oil consumption can be expected to be high by now due to valve stem seals and valve guide wear.. Look for oil residue in the throttle body. Fix is to get the head reconditioned.

- check for any dialonostic codes from the ECU

- check for rust in the sills, esspec at the side door (B) pillar, base of the A pillar, rear wheel arches.

- sway bar links to lower control arms wear out often, are about $50 each to replace.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS