1995 space runner - loosing power

Can anyone help we have a 95 space runner / wagon it starts ok but once it is put in gear and pressure is applied to the accelerator it looses power and we don't know whether it is a blockage or what has anyone got any ideas?

Reply to
nikkinphil

Check your air filter to see if there is a rat nest in it. Rats love to make their nests Mitsubishi air filters.

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

Bhagat Gurtu ha scritto:

Check also alt.auto.mitsubishi for Bhagat nests. Bhagats love to make a nest in Mitsubishi newsgroups.

Reply to
Andrea

Most likely to be a fuel or timing problem. Open the gas tank filler cap: does the problem still occur?

If not, could be

- a blocked fuel filter (on the firewall). You could open the filler cap, undo the fuel line on the injector rail and blow some compressed air down the line. This sometimes clears a clogged filter.

- faulty fuel return or evaporative purge line.

- fuel pump or in-tank filter is clogged.

Check the cam belt timing. If the belt slipped a couple of teeth the engine will still start but have no power. Will it rev OK in neutral?

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Thanks for the only sensible response Stewart and yes it does rev ok in neutral and in reverse just not in 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc

Reply to
nikkinphil