1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse stalling out

Hello,

I have purchased a 96 eclipse the night I got it when I was driving it, it stalled out the motor shut off and the power steering & breaks went out i coasted to a stop we removed the battary cable and it started got about 50 foot shuts down again well after about an hour and half setting a gas station everytime we removed the cable it start last 30 seconds or so then die well played with all the fuses and stuff relays a whole bunch of stuff nothing worked well then it miraclesly starts out of the blue one time it ran the rest of the night i parked it at my office the next day i go pick it up runs great i drive it for maybe 4 hours i am on my way home then shuts off mess with the cables, works a little then stops i try messing with the cables nothing now The man I bought the car from had just replaced the computer I am at a loss here noone seems to know its at a shop now and he can not figure it out ... Can someone tell me anything

Reply to
helpintexas

This car didn't come from New Orleans did it?

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

check the head over temp switch and connecter. mine would start sometimes and sometimes not. finnaly found the connecter to the overtemp switch was corroded

Reply to
niceville