1997 Eclipse Spyder PARTS?

I have a '97 gray Eclipse Spyder GS. I need to replace the button panel on the driver door (the cheap bakelite-like plastic has broken so it will not stay screwed into place).

I also need to replace my visors, both of them. The cloth has dried out from being in the sun too long and is tearing.

Also any tips on repairing the top? It appears to have slipped off the gears. Motor runs, but the top doesn't move (jerks a little but no motion). I must raise and lower it manually. I don't even know where to begin to get to the motors and check the gears.

I won't even begin to go on about the leaking top. It's horrible. That's another topic though. Scotchguard is helping with light rains. I'll just have to replce it one day...

Anyway my first priority is to fix these petty issues. Used to be a cool car, sure would like to get it back again.

Is the Chilton manual worth picking up?

Thanks! Mox

Reply to
moxman

Mox, go to

Eclipse first born

Mox, go to

scroll down, click on Eclipse and email them with you parts request.

I emailed a mitsubishi tech with your top not coming down problems and when he responds to me, I will email it to you

RIck

Reply to
Eclipse first born

get the factory manual on cd here:

look for parts here:

phil

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Eclipse first born) wrote in news:12280-3F30354D-37

@storefull-2177.public.lawson.webtv.net:

Hey thanks Rick! I went ahead and submitted a request for the button panel, visors and the glass cover for one of the fog lights. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for checking on the top issue too. Just an added note: when you manually open and close the top you can hear and feel the gears slipping. Not having any knowledge of the gear assembly, it feels like plastic gears that have simply come loose, seperated or something.

I appreciate your helpful reply.

Mox

Reply to
moxman

"phil" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Thanks Phil. I checked out the manual site, looks pretty complete. Do you have one? If so does it cover in detail working with the top, disassembly repair and reassembly?

I appreciate the info!

Mox

Reply to
moxman