1997 Space Wagon Water Pump

Does anyone know how to remove the Water Pump on a 2.0L 16V Space wagon? I have found two bolts, but can't seem to find any more.....

Thanks in advance

Reply to
popeye

That would be a 4G63 SOGC-16v, right? If so its the same as the 4G64 SOHC

16v. You have to take both the timing belts off, then there's about 5 bolts from memory. Then put it all back together again.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Stewart, Do you mean both fan-belts? Surely there's only one timin

belt?

Cheers

Joh

- popey

's Profile:
this thread:

popeye

Stewart, Do you mean both fan-belts? Surely there's only one timin

belt?

Cheers

Joh

- popey

's Profile:
this thread:

popeye

Not the alternator or power steering belts, which have to come off first.

If you have a 4G63 engine, SOHC or DOHC, (and not a 4G94 which came out in

2002), there's the cam timing belt and under that is the balance shaft belt. Both have to come off to get at the water pump bolts.

Which means you have to go through the full process of aligning the balance shafts, oil pump and and cam(s). Get it wrong and your engine will run like an old Volvo tractor.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Stewart,

Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it.

Cheer

- popey

's Profile:
this thread: