1998 Eclipse - DOOR HANDLES?!

What's up with the damn cheap door handle piece of shit and assemblies? I've had three broken door handles. Two times on the driver side. Costs me about 160 bucks to fix each time. I pull the handle normally and without much force and "snap," it's off.

Is there a replacement or aftermarket piece that's of better quality? What's the solution? It's a real pain in the farse. ~Vince

Reply to
robert billeci

Breaking three suggests there's another problem, and it probably that the door hinges (mostly the top one) have worn out. The door does not hang or latch without binding, and the force needed to open the door exceeds the design load of the handle.

Open your door and see how much up-down slop there is ...

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Poor quality Mitsubishi door handles combined with inferior Mitsubishi door hinge metalwork, combined with poor Mitsubishi body stiffness.

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

Please take your bad experience attitude elsewhere: We don't give a rat's arse.

Hinges in ALL cars, esspecially two doors, wear out, and at 9 years its time to fix it.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

But hinges in Mitsubishi vehicles wear out faster because their total load bearing surfaces are smaller than in other cars. Show me a 9 year old Volvo, BMW, Saab with worn hinges bwah ha ha ha.

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu