2000 Eclipse Brakes

I am suddenly getting a vibration coming from the front end when applying the brakes. Any ideas what this could be. The brake pads and rotors were replaced 6 months ago and worked fine immediately after.

Reply to
antonr01

If you can feel the vibration in the pedal, its likely a warped rotor.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

On 6 Apr 2006 09:30:39 -0700, against all advice, something compelled snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, to say:

Loose lug nuts? Bad wheel bearing?

Reply to
Steve Daniels

I agree with Stewart ... if it happens when you apply the brakes, it is most likely warped rotors.

Reply to
Bob Shuman

I've got a 2001 and got 2 defective rotors at my dealer.

Had the same problem as a result. The dealer made good and replaced at no cost.

Reply to
Tom

The rotor is not defective. The combination of a low mass rotor and the shitty single piston Mitsu caliper virtually guarantee issues.

1G and 2G people upgrade the entire front brake assy with the parts from 3000 SL/ '92+ awd DSM cars.
Reply to
simpleton

Reply to
Tom

the rotors on the 00 to 03 eclipse are crud. replace them with a quality brand. also replace the pads with a quality ceramic as well.. mitsu pads & rotors don't make a good combination. rotors are to soft and the pads grind down to fast.

Reply to
Eric F