2000 Eclipse GT - source of flood still not found

-- Does anyone know where the a/c drain is located? This is my last attempt to solve the leak source. The leak is now in the back AND front drivers side. Only the bottom/floor of the carpet is wet. Where the carpet turns up, on the sides up to the door sill, behind the pedals, etc., is still dry. Almost like the water is coming up from UNDER the car. All the drain plugs are intact at this point though I may have to remove one to get the pool drained. I hope I can get this figured out without tearing up the interior and/or having to resort to a Mitsu dealer.

Any other suggestions or advice will be appreciated, big time. I think I may have missed a reply or two to my original post due to an unexpected emergency requiring me to be out of town for a week without net access. I apologize if I missed some. Some of the replies are 'no longer available on the server'.

Thanks !!

VERITAS Vos LIBERABIT

Reply to
Altima Esse

Not positive about your car but the AC drains are almost always located under the hood, passenger side, on the firewall, about midway down. Usually a short black hose coming through the firewall then pointing down to the road. You might try rodding the hose out with a stiff piece of wire. BTDT. FWIW YMMV DFB

Reply to
NickySantoro

Reply to
Altima Esse

You probably have to remove the wiper arms and the trim panel between the windscreen and the hood. At a guess you have water sloshing around in there, and yes, the AC drain in probably blocked too.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

sounds like the heater core vs. an a/c condensation

Reply to
Eric F