2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES Stalls while Idling

Hello, Can anyone help with this question. I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES with 4cyl, SOHC engine with 79,000 miles

It stalls while idling but only while warming up as I will describe here. It idles fine for the first couple of minutes after starting with a cold engine. Then stalls while idling for about the next 10-15 minutes. Then after a while idles fine again. Otherwise engine runs very smooth at all speeds, except stalls at idle as described above. I can keep the engine from stalling at idle by pressing gas pedal slightly to keep RPM's to just under 1,000. Also, when engine stalls it is smooth, no jerky motion from engine. It's as if someone turned off the key.

Engine always starts immediately when starter engaged (at any time).

No OBD / DTC codes set. Spark plugs and air filter replaced ~6mos ago with no problems until this week. Has integrated fuel pump filter that factory says should not need to be changed.

I live in coastal San Diego with a very mild climate. Outdoor temperatue in 70's F.

Does anyone have any ideas on diagnosing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Robert

Reply to
ram1728

Idle speed controler is carbon fouled or just bad.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know