2002 Eclipse GT Second Gear

I have a 2002 Eclipse GT with the manual transmission. About a month ago, I noticed that I had to push the clutch pedal all the way down to the floor to get into second gear on an upshift without a slight grinding or clunking sound. Downshifting into second causes no problems and none of the other gears had problems.

It was time for the 60,000 overhaul, so I told the dealer to check it out while they were doing the belts and other stuff. He said the synchros and linkage and everything else are fine. They took it for a road test and said that it seemed fine to them.

It still seems weird to me but only about half the time on an upshift, never on a downshift. Any ideas or suggestions?

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 06:54:51 -0500, against all advice, something compelled "Pavel314" , to say:

I'd make sure the clutch master/slave cylinders are in good shape.

Reply to
Steve Daniels