2002 Mirage Questions!

Hey, I'm going to sell my Jeep and plan to get a small car that gets better mpg. I test drove many small cars this week and one of them was a 2002 Mirage De Coupe. It had only 17K on it and was a little impressed on how well it drove compared to the Civics and Corollas that I also drove , but the did have many more miles on them compared to the Mirage. So looking for any opinions on them. Any problem areas to look for. What kind of gas milage are peole getting with the Mirage? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Rob

I dont have a new mirage (94). However, I get about 36-40 hwy which is primarily where I drive. I was driving my evo and compared to that the mirage mileage is awesome. I purchased it with 60k for $1800. Had the timing belt changed along with some seals and it has been running fine. It is a no phrils car, there is not any luxury items in this one. Just a daily driver...

Reply to
Larry

What does it cost to replace the timing belt?

Reply to
Rob

My daughter has a 2000 purchased new for her while in college. It now has a bit over 30K on it. So far no mechanical problems at all. She only checked MPG once at my insistence and it was over 30 MPG in virtually all local driving. For a low end car it seems to be a good value.

"When a legislature undertakes to proscribe the exercise of a citizen's constitutional rights it acts lawlessly and the citizen can take matters into his own hands and proceed on the basis that such a law is no law at all."

- Justice William O. Douglas

Reply to
MisterSkippy

Depends on the vehicle and how long it takes to do. Some modern engines are very difficult to get at. Ring your local agent. They should have set costs for doing timing belts for their various vehicles.

Lugnut

Reply to
Lugnut