2003 Diamante-Erratic Fuel Gauge

Our 2003 Diamante has developed a strange problem. I filled the tank up the other day and drove for about 120 miles. My wife was driving the car yesterday and said that she had to stop to get gas as it was on empty. She said it only took about $14 to fill it up. I immediately got into the car and it already said that half a tank was gone....any ideas???

Reply to
jwilliams

Sounds like the float in the gas tank is malfunctioning. But on a 2003, I would take it to the dealer and demand they fix it under warranty.

snipped-for-privacy@pattyhurstshifter.com wrote:

Reply to
Nirodac

Without getting out the service manual and checking I want to say that your system may not use a float. I think there is a sensor on the fuel pump for the gauge. I suspect it has become fouled by some additive in the gas. I have had this happen twice and a can of Techron from the Walmart seems to fix it every time. I could be wrong though....?

Reply to
Outlander