2003 Eclipse Spyder Rims

I have a 2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS. I bought it used and one of the rims had a curb spot on it. I bought one on ebay for about $100 shipped, but unfortunately it is more silver than the rims on my car which have a black tone between the spokes. I have read reports that the rims are very soft and some action is being taken against Mitsubishi. Not sure how true that is, but I am wondering if anyone else knows what I am talking about. I would like to pick up one RIM that matches mine.

Reply to
shotgunmess

Do you know what paint is?

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

We have a 2001 GT (not Spyder), and I vaguely recall we got notice on some sort of class action lawsuit settlement regarding rims bending too easy....the deal was, if you had to buy a new rim or rims because the original one bent, they would reimburse you for the cost. We never had that problem, so we never bought new rims or filed a claim !

You might Google this and see what you come up with....

Dean.....

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
D Larsen