2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor -- Excessive noise from A/C Clutch

I just leased a 2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor and am noticing some loud noise coming from the A/C Clutch. It engages and disengages frequently and makes a loud smacking/thumping sound. I drove 5 endeavors prior to this and none had this problem. Maybe the noise was there, but the sound was so muffled or insulated that I didnt hear it from the cabin.

Naturally the Mitsubishi service people say that this is a normal sound and all measurements are "within specs". They refuse to do anything about it since it is "normal". I know this is not to be true. Can anybody suggest a possible reason or fix for this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Reply to
gatorvet96

Go to the dealer and ask to take another 2006 for a drive. If it does the same, the noise is normal. If not, you have a case for the dealer to fix.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS