3000GT/Stealth ECU

I am trying to figure out what is causing the ECU to cycle on and off - I've already changed the caps, didn't make a difference. Is there a souce for a schematic for the ECU? I have a 91 Stealth, DOHC, no turbo. Thanks - Brian

Reply to
bkm

Thanks for that very amusing story, it made my day. Fancy that, a car manufacturer so disrepectful of their customers that they use low grade electrolytic filter caps in their ECUs.

Probably the same reasoning is used to justify low quality metallurgy in their piston rings, short lived valve stem seals, auto boxes that fail prematurely etc. They aren't called Mitsushitty for nothing.

As for your ECU rebooting itself, that needn't be caused by bad caps. You might simply have a bad ground or a faulty (electrically noisy) alternator or some other noisy high current appliance. Unless you have electronics knowledge, a schematic will be of no use to to you. It would be better substitute - pull an ECU from an abandoned Stealth (there must be lots of them in growing weeds on the side your roads).

Hope that helps

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

Brian,

When you changed the 4 large electrolytic capacitors, assuming they were leaking, did you also thoroughly clean the PCB and make sure there was no permanent damage to any conductive paths or other nearby components?

If you did, then could you have stressed any solder connections and caused an intermittent condition? Failing that, a salvaged or rebuilt ECU may be the next step. Good luck!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

you stupid jerk stop wasting peoples time with your anti mitsubishi trolling mitsubishi makes high quality cars compared to the other brands like holden for instance

Reply to
mmal380vrx

That sure is the pot calling the kettle black isn't it! You would have to be one of the dullest embers in the Mitsushitty camp fire.

I provide a valuable public service, providing useful information. What service do you provide?

May I suggest that you load up your rusty old Magna dunger wagon with supplies of oil, belts, rings, and various spare parts and cruise the highways on the weekends. You will make lots of new Mitsushitty friends that way.

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

LOL Now tell us what you really think of them. ;-)

Reply to
Dan---

Why don't we just have a gentlemen's agreement that BG is simply the news group plucky comic relief?

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS