4G63 Turbo compression

I've not had the head off my 1G (90) 4G63T. Is the lower compression on the turbo engine achieve by dished pistons, bigger combustion chamber volume or both?

I've saved the head from my old 92 n/a 4G63 as a posslble spare and wonder if it is usable on the turbo, perhaps with the combustion chamber milled out, or a decompression plate with the head gasket. The exhaust ports are the same, and there's the connection for the oil feed to the turbo in place.

Are the head stud holes the same size? Anything else I should know?

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

It's the pistons....and to answer the question:

or

"Has anybody ever installed a 1G non-turbo head onto a turbo? What are the differences between a 1G non-turbo head and a 1G turbo head? All 1G 2.0L heads are the same except for the camshafts. Apparently the 1990 heads had slightly smaller coolant passages, but the difference is not enough to be significant. Also, prepared non-turbo heads had a plug where the turbo oil feed would connect on turbo models. "

Reply to
Nobody U. Know