4G63T oil pumps, also fuel pressure

OK, my Summit GTX now has its 1G 4G63T engine up and running. .

The engine has done about 180,000km, runs very nicely, correct compression and no smoke, but I have a problem wth low oil pressure.

On start up, for about 20 seconds, the stock gauge shows correct (gauge mid range) pressure, then gradually drops down to a point when the idiot light starts to flicker. I'd guess this is about 20psi or so. I certainly have some as the turbo oil feed crush washers needed to be replaced. On first start there was oil everywhere ...

This engine has the external front mounted oil cooler. I've checked the oil cooler bypass valve, and its not jammed. I have not yet checked the oil pressure relief valve as this requires taking off the front pulley. Blipping the throttle has almost no effect on the idiot light or gauge reading.

I know oil pumps wear out, but is what I'm seeing a severely worn out pump, or is there something else that might be leaking pressure away internally eg the relief valve stuck. Is there anything in the sump, eg a gasket on the oil pick up tube? There's no external oil leaks (now). I'd prefer not to have to take the engine out and replace the oil pump if it can be avoided.

On fuel.

With the 135hp N/A 4G63, the std Summit fuel pump delivered enough fuel for everything I asked of it. The turbo runs out of steam at about 4800 rpm, and starts to buck. Its feels like fuel starvation, or else (or as well) the rather restrictive (n/a 4G63) exhaust is muzzling the turno. Yes, I need to replace it with a 2.5" set up. So my question is: Is the N/A Talon/Eclipse fuel pump the same as the turbo pump? Or does the turbo pump more fuel? Anyone have a std turbo pump lying around?

If the std engine is running correctly, what should the engine rev to before fuel cut out or BOV opening? 6000? 7000?

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS