4G64 Jap 2.4 ltr

i am looking for engine specifications for a 4G64 2 and 2.4 ltr motors i am just wondering if someone could poing me in the right direction if there is specs on the net, i am looking for like the jurnal sizes and balance shaft sizes so on and so forth, anyhelp would be apreciated

Ta (reply via snipped-for-privacy@iprimus.com.au please)

Reply to
natmeg

the 2.0L (1997cc) version is the 4G63, the 2.4 (2351cc) is the 4G64. There's several variants on these too, depending on the source vehicle.

4G64 SOHC 8V about 88-92, in Hyundai Sonata, very similar to the 4G63 SOHC 8v (eg Eagle Vista wagon / Mitsu Chariot/Spacewagon) of the same period. 4G64 SOHC 16v, 1993 to present. Eagle Summit/Mitsu Expo, Galant. Some variation on head stud size wrt earlier models. 1996 (?)+ models have different ECU's apparently. 4G63 DOHC 16v, 88-91, 93-94. So called 6 bolt motor, came with normally aspirated or turbo variant. 4G63 DOHC 16v, 95-2000 (?) So called 7 bolt motor, came with normally aspirated or turbo variant. Not as strong as the earlier 6 bolt. Prone to crank walk due to oil delivery design flaw, mostly on turbo versions. 4G64 DOHC 16v from the Eclipse Spyder (?)

All the above are from front wheel drive cars. There are 4G64 variants from Rear wheel drive commercial vehicles that apparantly dont have the top front support found in FWD cars. Commercial versions may have different bearing journal sizes, and very slightly different bore and stroke .

What exactly are you looking to do with the specification information?

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

i am looking for the specs for forklifts, thay r the same engines as the ones in the mitsi express vans (95 i think and there on), tried mitsubishi and deawoo, thay wont give out the info to me even thou i work for crown forklifts and we have the daewoo rights to sell there machinery

Reply to
natmeg

I looked in my 93 Mitsu Expo workshop manual, and there's four pages of very detailed engine specs, so engines can be evaluated and rebuilt as needed. I would suggest that the quickest solution for you is to order the workshop manual for the 95 Express van. Manuals are available to anyone who wants to purchase them, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. In Canada a manual set is about $80.

As to being refused the information, I'd say you were talking to someone who did not know the answer, so they took the easy route and told you the information is not available.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Max R