'91 3000GT VR-4 stuttering/hesitating at 2500-3500 rpms - PLEASE, any help would be appreciated

Hi all, For about a week now, at different rpms, but always when I am at low throttle, my car hesitates or stutters very badly, as if I were accelerating and stomping on the brake at the same time. It happens at anywhere from 2500 rpm to

3000-3500 rpms, in first through third gears. It only happens if I hold the throttle at those rpms - if I mash the gas, it will roar through it and not stutter. The other thing, if I am idling and I steadily raise the rpms through that 3500 mark, it doesn't stutter. I also noticed that it only seems to happen when the car has been running for awhile and is warm.

I have an HKS VPC and GCC hooked up, and I think I have them properly tuned, that is, I'm not running too rich or too lean, according to the readings I get on the GCC. (If anyone has the manuals to either of these, I'd REALLY appreciate getting a copy of them, and I'll pay for 'em, too. My mechanic won't touch that stuff without the manuals).

The car recently was dying at idle, so I had the ICS (stepper motor) tested and found that it's bad, so I'm having it replaced. Would the ICS have anything to do with this new and very irritating problem? I also bought some fuel injector cleaner, haven't tried it yet, though. Would the throttle position sensor have anything to do with it? Thanks for any and all help or suggestions!

Al

1991 3000GT VR-4
Reply to
Wicked3000gto