91 eclipse non turbo engine miss

I have a 91 eclipse that seems to have an intermittent engine miss where I'm losing all power, and the check engine light is on. It's getting progressivly worse, any tips on how to remedy this? Or what else it might be maybe? Major service was done not to long ago (spark plugs, air/fuel filter, etc.)

When the problem first started the car was dying when you turned on the air conditioner. Air con worked all through summer though.

The car also at first had a bouncing idle when it was cold. But now that is gone and the car is doing this now.

Any ideas?

Reply to
jdl14

First thing to do is find out what error code is being output. This will tell you what the ECU is complaining about, and where to look.

Most likely is poor connections on the air cleaner can (Mass Air Sensor). Pull the 6 pin connector on the can, give it a squirt with WD40, and R/R the connector a few times to clean up the contact. You should check the other connections on the engine. Check for vacuum leaks.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS