91 Stealth exhaust

Hi - I am looking for a front exhaust pipe for a 91 Stealth ES (DOHC, non-turbo, manual trans) - and can't find an aftermarket company that makes one. I want to stick to stock so I don't have to change the whole system. At the local Dodge Dealer, they want $700! Any suggestions? Thanks - Brian

Reply to
Brian Morgan

Three thoughts:

A local salvage yard, although there are not many of these vehicles in the junk yards so it may take some searching, and the condition of a 13-year old pipe might not be good. Along these same lines, the 3000GT web site

has a bulletin board and many times you can find partsor get advice there on locating salvaged parts. Try pricing the part at a Mitsubishi dealer instead as the Stealth is mechanically basically the same vehicle as the 3000GT. They could tell you if it will fit the Dodge application. I've found that parts are generally cheaper from Mitsubishi in my area.

A last thought is to look into obtaining the part from a Dodge dealer that offers discounts if purchased over the WWW. As background, I have purchased Chrysler parts from a place in South Carolina (

and they have been very helpful and offered30-50% off the prices quoted at my local dealer. The only issue you mayhave is shipping if the part is large or heavy. You might look to see ifany of the dealers in your area are on the web and offer discounts. Youcould then pick it up from them and avoid shipping. Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Check out your local Autozone or Advance Auto. They most likely will be able to get you a pipe. It may not be high performance, but will work.

Other smaller Autoparts stores and muffler shops should be able to get you the pipe you need. Call around.

Reply to
Richie Rich

The problem has been that nobody seems to make the stock part aftermarket - Walker, Borla, Bosal, etc. Bosal actually lists a part number, but don't seem to manufacture it anymore. So Autozone can't get what they can't find. Which is why I asked for suggestions - any manufacturers I missed? Brian

Reply to
Brian Morgan

Somebody has to make a part that fits. Try looking for a different year or call a local muffler shop. I ended up buying a rear Y-pipe for my '86 Corvette from a Midas shop. They were cheaper than the other places I called. They sold it outright to me and I put it on myself.

Rich

aftermarket -

Reply to
Richie Rich

aftermarket -

Then you must take it to the local muffler shop and have them bend up a pipe that fits to the rest of the stock system.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS