92 Mitsubishi Eclipse Indicator Lights

I was driving down the road (as all bad things usually start to happen) and I noticed my radiator, battery and brake indicator lights come on after I slowed down as I approached an intersection.

The car engine is working fine. Idles fine and has no stalling when accelerating or knocking when shut-off.

When I got home, I check my fluid level on the radiator and it was fine (Maybe a little high). I then check my fuses and found no problem under the dash or under the hood.

I recently replaced my ECU with a manufactured refurbished one (I was getting a series of faults and my engine stalled making me suspect the ECU) about a month ago. I can't imagine the caps starting to leak so soon.

Does this series of lights represent some other fault code? I check the Mitsubishi Service Manual as well as Haynes Repair Manual and couldn't find anything. Did I miss something? Any ideas or suggestions? jwc

Reply to
JOHN CUNNICK

No, but there a possible problem.

  1. The gauge pod and/or the ECU case is not grounded correctly; or
  2. Your alternator (or the charging circuit) has a problem. My 93 Expo (very similar wiring circuit) did the same just before the alternator gave up.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Hah...this is the alternator. All those lights are on the same circuit. It's about an 45 min job to change the alternator. Do NOT go to the dealer...just buy the alternator.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know