94 Eclipse 4G63 Idle Surge

I have a '94 Eclipse FWD with a 4G63T that I have rebuilt. When cold the idle speed surges up and down until it has warmed up some, then it idles fine. After restarting the engine when it is hot it will almost die for the first 10 seconds or so, then it idles fine. Is there a way to adjust or repair the FIAV?

I replaced the idle switch on the throttle body (was damaged) and set it according to the factory manual. I replaced the idle speed stepper motor which has helped. I also set the base idle speed using the procedure in the factory manual.

TIA Gyz

Reply to
Gyzmologist

Gyzmologist