'95 Eclipse GS (Non-turbo) Starting Problems

Problem: Go to start the car the starter catches and starts then immediatly dies try to start the car and the engine just keeps turning over.

Temp Solution: I have found that if I lightly tap two relays under the hood/bonnet the car will fire right up.

Location of the two relay's: Open the hood/bonnet. Battery should be on the left right side (i'm not sure if this location is correct on the Europeon models if not should be exact oppisite) Behind the battery mounted to the firewall (In between the Brake resovoir and the windshield washer fluid resevior) There should be two relay's that are mounted there.

Question: What are the two relay's? What do they control.

Reply to
DrgnHart Eclipse

Hello,

I had simillar problem with my Carisma (from 1997) starter turns engine but it doesnt start. Gujs in service first reprogrammed cars keyes but it helped for few days and after that they have replaced immobilazier. After that it goes just fine.

Good luck!

Reply to
mirza323

what engine do you have? n/a 2G cars are normally 420A equipped.

"DrgnHart Eclipse" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
simpleton

I do have the Plymouth (dodge) 420A