95 Eclipse GST wont start

The car gave a engine code 1500(Generator FR terminal circuit malfunction).I not sure what that means. I have the manual but it does give any specific definition for code. I replaced the alternator and battery. The car runs for a while and then the power drains out.Is it the voltage regulator? What is the solution for the code 1500?

Reply to
tmpuppye

The voltage regulator is in the alternator. I'm assuming you replaced it with an OEM alternator? Don't use an AutoZone one. They are just rebuilds and fail quite a bit. Often they just replace the brushes and nothing else.

The ECU is throwing a code because it isn't getting the voltage it wants. You should follow the step on page 13A-196 of the manual.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know