95 galant 4 cyl.

hi, i was told my car might have a vacuum leak, can someone explain what that is and the cost to fix. its been running really rough at idle and 40 to 50 mph. i replaced spark plugs, put injector cleaner in and that wasnt the problem. the reason i say vacuum leak/hose is my sisters car did the same thing and thats what it was. thanks

Reply to
sput

That can be a very simple thing costing maybe a dollar to fix for something like a cracked rubber hose similar in size to the hoses used for squirting windshield washer on your windshield. Or it can be a vacuum leak in one of the sensors or components like the EGR valve or similar that costs a little more to fix.

You need to carefully inspect all the vacuum lines that run around by the engine to see if anything is obviously cracked or disconnected first.

GK

Reply to
GK